In the rapidly changing field of healthcare delivery, standard setting to assure the quality of care is mandatory. Certification marks achievement, fosters professional pride, and is nationally recognized in recruitment and retention of registry personnel.
For more information about the CTR exam requirements: http://www.ctrexam.org
To maintain certified status, the current continuing educational requirements of National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) (www.ncra-usa.org) must be met biennially. The required continuing education and training keeps the CTR abreast of new developments in the field of oncology and registry data management. Thus, the registrar's knowledge and skills are continuously enhanced and reinforced.
Certified Tumor Registrars (CTR®) certification promotes excellence in the cancer registry field by:
1. Establishing a standard of knowledge and experience required for professional registry practice.
2. Measuring the requisite knowledge of applicants for the professional credential of Certified Tumor Registrar.
3. Encouraging professional growth and individual study by cancer registrars for the attainment and maintenance of the credential.
4. Formally recognizing colleagues who meet all requirements for using the CTR credential.
5. Assisting employers, members of the allied health professions, and the public in the assessment of cancer registrars.