August 9, 2021 @ 11:30 AM: Staging as a CTR Webinar
Leslie Woodard, CTR, ICRA Education Chair
AJCC Clarifications, Cervix Version 9 and Summary Stage
Approved for 1 Category A CE by NCRA
April 22, 2021: ICRA Webinar
Please join us for a presentation by ICRA’s Education Chair, Leslie Woodard. In this webinar she will highlight many of the updates in the Grade Manual, SSDI Manual and STORE 2021 Manual while also providing example cases the coincide with the updates. Handouts will be available the day of the webinar.
Refresh, Renew, Refocus: 2020 Educational Webinar Series
THANK YOU to our sponsors that allowed ICRA to provide the monthly webinars at no cost: R.A.M Healthcare Consulting Group, CIOX, and Registry Partners.
Dr. Ted Williamson presents: Radiation Therapy Update Click to View Recording
- Discuss historical perspectives in Radiation Oncology
- Highlight and review recent changes in Radiation oncology data items for registry
- Provide overview of an important research publication that was in Practical Radiation Oncology
Leslie Woodard, CHCM, CTR, 2021 ICRA Education Chair presents: Coding Clarifications & Reminders Click to View Recording
- Highlight AJCC staging rules that cause registrar confusion.
- Identify data fields that are easily missed and identify the resources to correctly complete the fields.
- Provide tips for collecting high quality data.
Gina McNellis, MA, RHIA, CTR, CHP, Directory of Registry Services from Himagine Solutions presents: Ethical or Not – That is the Question Click to View Recording
- Review the NCRA Professional Practice Code of Ethics
- Discuss various scenarios and determine if they are ethical or not
- Illustrate the manner in which CTRs can abide by the Professional Code of Ethics
Melissa Craw, RHIT, CTR, presents: Grade Clarifications Click to View Recording
• Identify when it is acceptable to use generic grade codes for 2018+ cases.
• Give examples of histologies with implied grade.
• Recognize which AJCC chapters require grade to determine stage and provide interactive staging examples.
• Discuss how outside pathology consults, neoadjuvant therapy, and multiple tumors can affect grade.
• Provide interactive examples on assigning grade in various real-life scenarios.
Gina McNellis, MA, RHIA, CTR, CHP, Director of Registry Services from Himagine Solutions presents: Tumor Talk: Overview of Various Sites and Valuable Resources CLICK HERE to listen to the recording. Please note that the official presentation does not begin until about 10 minutes in to the recording.
Gina McNellis, MA, RHIA, CTR, CHP, Director of Registry Services from Himagine Solutions presents: Tumor Talk: Overview of Various Sites and Valuable Resources
- Discuss tips for more efficient abstracting
- Discuss the nuances of abstracting breast, colorectal, and thyroid cancers.
- Highlight areas where registrars struggle abstracting.
- Identify various resources available to the registrar when coding cases and how to use them